March 10, 2012: Not to sound like a broken record, as I thoroughly enjoy mud races, Savage was awesome. I believe this small central Florida race will quickly become one of the largest in the nation. Savage was around 4.7 miles or so and flooded with obstacles. I believe it had just as many as the 11 mile Tough Mudder! I found the distance to be perfect for my level of athletic ability. The obstacles were challenging and creative. I also enjoyed Savage’s personal touch to most of the obstacles, as most of them were orange in color and had “Savage” stamped all over. Easy, but a nice touch. There certainly wasn’t any confusion when it came to who was running this race. And unlike Tough Mudder, their photographers were awesome. Judge for yourself below! I put my own personal touch to the photo and if you look closely, you see “CF Ninja” written on my forearm.
Meet the CF Ninja
My name is Adam, and I'm a CF Ninja. I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when I was 2 years old. I'm now in my mid 30's and fight CF everyday through exercise and positive thinking. I'm not a personal trainer, but I like to share some ideas about exercise, diet, and life that work for me. Join me in the fight and help raise awareness about Cystic Fibrosis!
- RT @ry_hudson: Here's Steve Bell's story as a runner with cystic fibrosis. stridenation.com/2013/3/12/4095… #RunFor 1 day ago
- Great commercial featuring #cysticfibrosis by @Dicks Sporting Goods. youtu.be/lLQQ78QsG4E 1 day ago
- RT @UrbanEngIish: "I'll see" = I'm really not going to. 1 day ago
- Is it not abundantly clear that Carmelo in iso doesn't work well? Let Felton do his thing, move the ball, motion. #KNICKSvPACERS 1 day ago
- Only the Knicks would have 29 and 35 year old rookies. 1 day ago
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation